We all have our favorites, we all have read way many books by… so, thinking of it i decided to go to my goodreads list and check out for real who are the authors i read the most from.
So, here we are… my top 7 most read authors of all time:
8. Haruki Murakami (4 books): I gotta admit i thought i read more book by him since i own all of them, but i guess i have a way to go with him.. obviously i’ll keep reading them since he has a magnific way of expressing himself and the stories he writes are just AMAZING. A great author for those looking for something more adult than YA. (yeah, i know i said top 7 but he is too important to me, ok?)
7. Neil Gaiman & Rainbow Rowell & Seanan McGuire(5 books by each): Just put an epigraphy on my tumb about how much i love them. I think they are all so extremely talented, there wasn’t a book by them i read i didn’t like. Will i read more book by them? ABSOLUTELY.
6. Harlan Coben & Richelle Mead (6 books by each): Harlan was my comeback to reading back in the day, so i still love him and one of my all time favorite books was written by him (Gone for Good). I don’t know if i’ll ever read another book by him though since they are all sort of the same after a while… as or Richelle i LOVED Vampire Academy (Christian Ozera i mean… literary boyfriend) but i’m not there anymore, i grew up and i’m not sure it is the kind of writing for me anymore.
5. Stephenie Meyer (6.5 book): Yeah, i read Twilight and i loved it back in the day… yeah i tried reading Midnight Sun (i just had to, okay?) and it was too cringey for me so … understandng now how problematic she is i don’t believe i will be reading any more books by her.
4. Patrick Ness and Stephen King (7 books by each): Patrick Ness is one of my favorite authors of all time, Stephen King is really interesting and i love some of his books (i read) a lot. Obviously i’ll be reading Patrcik’s books for a while, he is amazing – The Rest Of Us Just Live Here & More Than This? ABSOLUTE favorites. About King is more complicated, i guess i’ll read some more, starting with The Institute.
3. J. K. Rowling (10 books): I only read the Harry Potter series and the first three companions… i’m not that interested in the now HUGE universe of HP… and seeing how problematic the author is, i’m pretty sure i won’t be reading any more books by her.
2. Cassandra Clare (16 books): The shadowhunter chronicles are way too many books… i haven’t been reading for a while so i put them aside until i catch up with other readings but i love this world and the characters so i will be coming back for more. Also, i own almost every book so, why not?
And number one is…
- Rick Riordan (19 books): I started reading Percy Jackson when they started to come out and have been reading everything he published uo until the Trails of Apollo, mostly because after so many books i got a little tired… but i guess i’ll finish them too eventually. My favorites were the Magnus Chase and The Kane Chronicles though, maybe because those were just trilogies and they left you wanting more, not like the Pery Jackson series that felt…. neverending, though i understand this one was the last. I think he did something and became problematic? I’m not very sure, but if you know what happened with him let me know.
What are your most read authors? Leave your comment down below!